Submitting Artist Information
55th Annual Mountain Oyster Club Contemporary Western Art Show and Sale
The Mountain Oyster Club is preparing for our 55th Annual Contemporary Western Art Show and Sale, which will be held on Sunday, November 24, 2024. Named one of the “Top 50 Art Events and Galleries in the Southwest” by Southwest Art Magazine, the Show will feature original artistic works in the Club’s historical venue.
The Art Committee anticipates exhibiting a selection of paintings and sculptures representing more than 200 artists. The deadline for submission to be included in the jury review by the Art Committee is September 2, 2024. Please contact Alisha, Art Show Director, at email@example.com with any questions regarding the submission process.
2024 Mountain Oyster Club
Contemporary Western Art Show & Sale Prospectus
Submissions for the 2024 Mountain Oyster Club Contemporary Western Art Show will open in April of 2024 and will close September 2, 2024.
Since its founding in 1948, the Mountain Oyster Club has recognized the importance of the promotion and preservation of Western Art. The Mountain Oyster Club Art Show was established 55 years ago with a commitment to exhibit high quality artwork, with a particular focus to offer emerging artists a platform to show their work alongside nationally recognized artists. This remains our highest priority as we exhibit work from over 200 artists across the United States as well as Canada, and Australia. Pieces included in the show are selected by jury. Named one of the “Top 50 Art Events and Galleries in the Southwest” by Southwest Art magazine, the Show and Sale will feature original artistic works in the Mountain Oyster Club’s historical venue.
- Submit up to 3 images of pieces that are intended for exhibition in the show.
- Artwork must be created in 2023-2024.
- Artwork must not have been previously submitted to the jury for consideration.
- Artwork must not have been exhibited in Tucson, AZ.
- All works must be original art. Giclées, enhanced digital artwork, photography and lithographs are not eligible.
- It is recommended to submit a variety of sizes, but not larger than the 40”- 50” range.
- Bronze artists may submit images of pieces in clay, but pieces must be cast and ready to exhibit by Friday, October 18th.
Deadline for submissions to be considered for advertising: Thursday, August 1st, 2024.
Deadline for submissions to be considered by the jury: Monday, September 2nd, 2024.
- All submitting artists will be notified of selection decisions by email by September 25th. If the preferred notification method is by mail, please allow at least 2 additional days for mail delivery. *Do not call to request notification results.
- Artwork shipping/delivery instructions and the event details will be sent with selection notification.
- Artists are responsible for inbound and return shipping costs. Costs for shipping to a buyer will be handled by the Mountain Oyster Club and is not the responsibility of the artist.
- For 2D works, mounting, matting, and framing are the responsibility of the artist.
NOTE: If framing is inadequate, the Mountain Oyster Club will consult the artist regarding improvements that will be made at the artist’s expense.
- 3D works must be ready for display.
- Accepted artwork must be received by Friday, October 18.
Commission and Payment Procedure
- All Show purchases are made by check payable to the artist. Each artist will receive a check from the purchaser for the amount designated on the submission form.
- The sale is between the artist and the purchaser, so all expenses including framing, shipping, taxes, and commission should be considered when pricing artwork.
- Artists will receive the check from the purchaser by mail with a statement for the amount of the 35% commission that is due the Mountain Oyster Club. Artists that do not send a return commission will be charged a monthly finance charge of 1.5%. (18% per annum) Artists with an outstanding balance will not be eligible to participate in future shows.
2024 Events Calendar
Friday, November 22: Participating Artist and MO Member Dinner, 5:30 pm
Saturday, November 23: Artist and Patron Reception, 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Sunday, November 24: Main Show, Doors open at 3:00 pm, Drawing held at 5:30 pm
January 31, 2025: End of Show and return/pick up of unsold artwork.
Entry Procedures for Online Submissions
- Complete the fillable submission form, upload images and Bio/CV (in PDF format), and submit payment for the $30 submission fee via the PayPal portal.
- A maximum of three artworks may be submitted per artist with the single $30 submission fee. A selected artist may expect to exhibit no more than two pieces of art.
- Each artwork entry must be represented by a digital .jpg or.jpeg image file at 300 dpi and no smaller than 1200 x 1600 pixels.
- For 2D works, enter a maximum of 2 images per work, 1 image of the piece and 1 image of the piece in the frame, when possible.
- For 3D works, enter a maximum of 3 image files per work, representing different views.
- Digital files must be titled in lower case with your last name, then first name, and lastly the title of the piece, each word separated by a dash. (eg: wieghorst-olaf-back-to-the-herd) When submitting multiple images of the same piece, please add a number to the end of the title. (eg: wieghorst-olaf-back-to-the-herd-1)
- All images are viewed on screens; jurors have the ability to zoom in for a closer look. Please take this into consideration when selecting image files.
- Submit your entry online by following the link below.
- Following submission and payment, you will receive 1 notification via email when your materials have been received.